Health Questionnaire - Click here
Children's Health Questionnaire - Click here
Conception Questionnaire - Click here
Food, Water and Nutrition
Cooking Rice to Reduce Arsenic Levels
- Click HERE to learn how to cook rice to minimise arsenic contamination.
Organic Food Suppliers
- Dunn & Walton: Fabulous home delivery service for organic groceries. They also have a great store and cafe in Doubleview.
- Organic on Charles: An organic grocery store in North Perth.
- Manna Wholefoods & Cafe: A whole-foods cafe and grocery store in South Fremantle.
- Strange Grains: A gluten-free bakery that supplies GF bread to IGAs and health food shops. You can also visit their bakery in Shenton Park.
- Naturis: Rice Loaf, Buckwheat Loaf, Corn Bread, Rice and Sultana Loaf.
Safer and More Sustainable Seafood Brands
- Vital Choice
- The Canadian Way
- Australian Marine Conservation Society: Get your free copy of the Sustainable Seafood Guide, or download the app.
Food Storage Options
- Stainless steel containers, lunch-boxes and thermoses (Sustain-A-Stacker, Planet Lunchbox, LunchBots, Kids Konserve, Onyx, Klean Kanteen, Thermos).
- Glass containers (Decor, Life Factory, mason jars).
- Stainless steel or glass drink bottles (Klean Kanteen, Smash, S’Well, Fressko, Contigo).
- Reusable beeswax and vegan wraps (Honey Bee, Bee Green Wraps, Wrappa).
- Reusable (non-plastic) coffee cups (Joco, Keep Cup, Thermos, Bodum).
Beauty Products and Sunscreens
Deodorants and Fragrances
- Biologika Deodorant (stocked at Perth Health and Fertility): A natural deodorant with no aluminium or nasty chemicals; does not leave a white mark on clothes or under the armpit. Our favourite scent is Mystic Wish.
- Fresca Natural Deodorant: An aluminium-free, alcohol-free, all natural deodorant, available in a range of scents (Lavender, Wooden Spice, Valley Rose etc).
- State of Mind Apothecary Fragrances (stocked at Perth Health and Fertility): Essential-oil based, roll-on fragrances available in four beautiful scents (Adore, Activate, Align and Attract) – Phthalate and toxin free.
- 123 Nourish Me ‘Hello Sunshine’ Sunscreen (stocked at Perth Health and Fertility): SPF 30, broad-spectrum, 2-hours water resistant sunscreen; preservative and paraben free, available in both face-stick or sunscreen form.
- Graham’s SunClear Sunscreen: 2-hours water-resistant, broad spectrum, SPF 30+ sunscreen. Suitable for all skin types. Widely available in health food stores.
- Soleo Organics All Natural Sunscreen: All natural, SPF 30, 3-hours water resistant sunscreen, suitable for sensitive skin; free from petrochemicals and synthetic fragrances.
- Wotnot Natural Sunscreen: A gentle, SPF 30 sunscreen, made from all natural and organic ingredients; free from artificial fragrances, petrochemicals, parabens and preservatives.
- Eco Logical Sunscreen: SPF 30+, broad-spectrum, 3-hours water resistant, hypoallergenic and non-greasy. Stocked at Shop Naturally and Nourished Life.
- UV Natural Sunscreen: Plant-based, SPF 30+ sunscreen; preservative and fragrance-free.
Skin and Haircare
- Sukin: Widely available at Coles, Woolworths, Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and health food stores, the Sukin haircare range is free from mineral oils, phthalates, parabens, EDTA and other harsh chemicals.
- Miessence: A lovely range of organic skin cleansers, moisturisers, shampoos and conditioners, made with plant-based ingredients like calendula, aloe vera and chamomile.
- Hurraw Lipbalms: Lovely moisturising lip-balms, made from all natural ingredients like cold-pressed almond oil, cacao butter and coconut oil. Many flavours available (vanilla and coconut are particularly yummy!).
- Stem Organics: Australian-made natural skin-care products made with organic ingredients and no petrochemicals, parabens, synthetic fragrances and propylene glycol.
- Gaia Skincare: A mostly organic skincare range free from parabens and synthetic fragrances. They also have ‘Made for Men’ range of shaving gels, creams and haircare.
- Bernier Pharmaceuticals SolarCare (stocked at Perth Health and Fertility): An everyday moisturiser containing Vitamin B3, to help reduce sun damage and acne.
Online Stores for Makeup and Beauty Products
Friendly Household Products
- Ecostore: A low chemical, eco-friendly brand stocked in Coles, Woolworths and many health food stores. A great option for household cleaning supplies, such as laundry and dishwashing products, multi-purpose cleaner and even skin/hair-care.
- Abode: Plant and mineral-based laundry, kitchen and bathroom products, free from phthalates, petrochemicals and harsh detergents.
- Kin Kin Naturals: An environmentally-friendly, low chemical brand of laundry and dish-washing products, free from SLS, LAS and other harsh ingredients.
- Dr Bronner’s: Organic and fair-trade multi-purpose soaps and skincare products. Widely available in health-food stores and online.
- EnviroCare Earth: A large range of eco-friendly, plant-based bathroom, kitchen and laundry products, free from synthetic fragrances, EDTA, parabens and petrochemicals.
Reducing Chemical Exposure
- EWG Skin Deep: A database where you can search common cosmetics ingredients to check for potential health concerns or hazards.
- Building Biology: A great resource for learning how to improve the health of your home and reduce your chemical exposure.
- The Clean Fifteen and The Dirty Dozen: Get your copy of the EWG’s 2017 Clean Fifteen and Dirty Dozen.
- Plastics: A great resource form Nicola Bijlsma on which plastics are best to avoid.
- Personal Care Products: Another great resource from Nicole Bijlsma about harmful ingredients to avoid in personal care products.
- Nourished Life: A large online stockist of toxin-free, natural health, beauty and household cleaning products.
- Shop Naturally: An online shop for natural health and beauty products, food storage containers and cleaning supplies.
- Biome: Eco-friendly, BPA-free food storage containers, lunch boxes and drink bottles, as well as low chemical bath and beauty products.
- Flora and Fauna: For eco-friendly, plant-based beauty products, household supplies and reusable storage containers.
Preconception, Pregnancy, Birth and Breastfeeding
- Endocrine Disruptors: An article from the Jean Hailes foundation highlighting research on endocrine disruptors negative impact on fertility
- Decline in Male Fertility: An SBS report on the study highlighting the decline in Western men’s sperm counts.
- 6 Steps to Reduce BPA and Phthalates in Foods: An easy resource from the SilentSprings organisation.
- Phthalates: Information from the PROJECT TENDR, targeting environmental neurodevelopmental risks, helping parents understand what chemicals may negatively impact their babies health and brain development.
- Mobile Phones and Radiation: Radiation from mobile founds has been found to impair sperm count, motility and morphology. Here is a guide by the EWG to help you reduce your exposure.
- Breastfeeding Confidence. In case you missed it in our pregnancy section this is a great resource from the Australian Breastfeeding Association that helps women get ready to breastfeed and have a better idea of what to expect.
- Is my baby getting enough breastmilk? A great post from the Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Baby’s Feeding Cues: A great resource for mums to learn how to identify when bub is ready to breastfeed.
- Australian Breastfeeding Association: As Australia’s leading authority on breast-feeding, the ABA provide information, support, resources and advocacy for breastfeeding women. They also have an online forum where you can chat to other women about breastfeeding.