This recipe was shared with us by one of our lovely patients (thank you!) and in light of the popularity of our Banana Bread, Sweet Potato Bread and Coconut-Raspberry Loaf, we thought it was worth sharing far and wide. The recipe was originally adapted from Luke Hines’ website and is suitable for gluten free, dairy free and low sugar diets. It makes a hearty, blood-sugar stabilising breakfast, perfect for topping with avocado, hummus or a sliver of butter (of course, you can also enjoy it by itself). It’s also a great way to use up any leftover zucchinis! Enjoy 🙂
Click here for the original recipe.
- 80 g raw almonds (or almond meal)
- 50 g oats or oat flour* (if you prefer a slightly lighter, less dense pancake, replace half of the oats with 25 g gluten free flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium banana approx 100-120g once peeled
- 90 ml milk of choice (use non-dairy milk for dairy free)
- Blend the almonds and oats till they resemble flour.
- Add the eggs, banana and milk and blend till combined. If your batter is too thin, add a little gluten free flour or extra oat flour. If your batter is too thick, you can thin it with some extra milk.
- Heat and oil a large frypan.
- Pour mixture into the pan in pikelet sized rounds (I can fit three per pan) and cook on both sides.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze** for later.
- Natural PB
- Almond butter
- Tahini and honey (not for kids <12 months)
- Yoghurt and berries