This yummy recipe was adapted from Supercharge Your Life and was given to us by one of our lovely patients. It makes a delicious, high-protein loaf that is suitable for school lunches, breakfasts and afternoon tea. As it contains lots of eggs and desiccated coconut, it contains a lovely mix of protein and plant-based fats to keep blood sugars stable. It’s also really yummy and goes down a treat with both kids and adults alike.
With this recipe we’re introducing a new way to display our recipes, so you can print them off and share them with friends more easily. Let us know what you think!
Coconut and Raspberry Loaf
- 200g g desiccated coconut
- 6 free range eggs lightly whisked
- 1 large spotty banana mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tine with baking paper.
- Blitz the desiccated coconut in a blender, food processor or Thermomix until a flour-like consistency forms. Avoid over-blending, or you will end up with coconut butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, mashed banana, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Fold in the ground coconut and baking powder, then gently mix through the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 45-60 minutes. When cooked, the loaf should be golden and a skewer inserted should come out relatively clean.
- Turn onto a cooling rack and allow to cool. Once cool, store in a airtight container.