This Sweet Potato loaf by Teresa Cutter- They Healthy Chef has been an absolute favourite with our naturopaths lately!
It’s the perfect loaf to make for a savoury breakfast option or a snack on the run. It’s is a great source of protein, fibre and calcium! It can also make a great lunch box addition.
If you like the taste of herbs it is wonderful to add a handful of fresh, chopped thyme and rosemary into the actual mixture.
We hope you like it as much as we do!
Recipe credit: The Healthy Chef
Sweet Potato Bread
- 450 grams Raw Sweet Potato Grated
- 4 Eggs Organic
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 300 grams Almond meal
- 2 tsp Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- Sprig Rosemary or Thyme Fresh or dried
- 60 ml Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees on fan-forced
- Combine the sweet potato, eggs, salt and olive oil in a bowl
- Add the almond meal and baking powder and mix well
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Spoon the mixture into the tin
- Top the loaf with herbs, olive oil and some salt
- Bake for 1 hour until cooked through
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to rest in the tray for 1 hour
- Remove from the tray after 1 hour
- Enjoy fresh or toasted. It is delicious plain or topped with organic butter or avocado.