These Apricot & Tahini Muesli Bars are the perfect study snack to fuel your brain and body to help you stay happy and focused while learning. These no-bake bars are jam packed full of nutrients so your brain can function well! They are the perfect combination of complex carbohydrates, plant proteins and good fats so you can have sustained fuel going to your brain until your next meal. They have a hint of sweetness and are super quick and easy to whip up in just a few steps.
Apricot & Tahini Muesli Bars
- 1 cup dried apricots (sulphite free) You can buy these at Woolworths now!
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or any nut will do)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup puffed rice or puffed multigrain blend (brown rice, buckwheat & sorghum) Also available at Woolworths
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (the real stuff!) or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend apricots, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Fold through remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Firmly press the muesli bar mixture into the prepared tin.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or until firm.
- Using a sharp knife, cut up into bars and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for 1-2 weeks.