A comforting vegetarian one-pot recipe packed full of protein, fibre and rich in iron.
Sweet Potato and Coconut Dahl
Another easy and delicious weeknight dish
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- Splash Olive oil
- 2 Medium Brown onions
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Knob Ginger
- 3 tbsp Indian spice blend I used about 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp curry powder
- 400ml Coconut milk I used the Ayam brand
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Red lentils
- Big handful Spinach
- 1/2 Bunch Coriander (or not!)
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1 cm cubes. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan. Sauté diced onions for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Add crushed garlic, grated ginger and spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant (careful not to burn).
- Add in the coconut milk, tomato paste and stock. Stir to combine.
- Add sweet potato and lentils. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, covered.
- Stir every few minutes to prevent burning/sticking.
- Before serving, add in baby spinach and chopped coriander, and stir through until wilted. Enjoy!!