Frozen cauliflower rice is a staple in my house. It’s the perfect base or side dish for quick and easy weeknight meals because it takes less than 15 minutes to make and is a blank slate for flavours, just add herbs, spices or a sauce and you’re good to go. Also, extra vegetables are always welcome. This low-carb coconut cauliflower rice is hands down my favourite basic cauliflower rice recipe because the richness of the coconut milk makes it more substantial. To this version, I added coriander and lime but if you’re not a coriander person, simply omit it! The coconut cauliflower rice will still be satisfying and versatile. In another life, I made my own cauliflower rice. You can totally do this (it’s easy!), but now I usually buy frozen cauliflower rice to save time. You can find cauliflower rice in the freezer aisle of most supermarkets. I like to use full fat coconut milk in this recipe. Use this coconut cauliflower rice wherever you’d use regular rice.
Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 500 g bag of frozen riced cauliflower
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Mince the garlic, chop the coriander and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a large cast-iron or non-stick fry pan.
- Add in the frozen riced cauliflower. Cook until thawed, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons coconut milk, the minced garlic cloves, the juice of half a lime, and a pinch of salt and cook a few minutes more.
- Once most of the liquid has evaporated, stir in the coriander and remove from heat.