✓ Dairy-Free Option
Many of our patients ask for healthy recipes they can prepare in advance and take to work for lunch. The best recipes are ones that don’t need reheating and can be prepared the night before, to save time in the morning. This Chickpea and Pasta Salad recipe ticks all these boxes, and is also delicious, nutritious and high in fibre, protein and healthy fats, to prevent a mid-afternoon slump. Enjoy!
Chickpea and Pasta Salad
- 150g San Remo Red Lentil Spirals dry weight
- 1 400 g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 200g punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1/2 medium red capsicum diced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/2 cup fetta cubed (optional)
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley OR fresh coriander (chopped finely) according to your preference
- 1 handful pepitas
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium lemon juiced
- A generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Once cooked, douse in cold water to stop the cooking process, and allow to drain well.
- Combine the chickpeas, chopped veggies, herbs, fetta, pepitas and garlic in a large bowl. Add the well-drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Enjoy!
- Spring onion
- Red onion
- Yellow/orange capsicum
- Quinoa instead of red lentil pasta
- Brown lentils instead of chickpeas