These chocolate tahini cashew treats are a real crowd pleaser! I have impressed even the fussiest of eaters with these and I know whenever I take them to an event, picnic or get together that they will be demolished and raved about!
These can be enjoyed straight from the freezer, or you can leave them out for a few minutes if you prefer a softer consistency. Enjoy!
Chocolate Tahini Treats
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey or real maple syrup
- 4 tsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tsp tahini
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
For the Base
- Blitz the cashews in a food processor until they resemble a fine powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the base, until the mixture is well combined and starting to come together.
- Press the base into a lined tray of your choice to set in the freezer for about 15 minutes. I like using cupcake tins to get even sized pieces but you can do it in one medium sized tray and cut into pieces at the end, if you prefer.
For the Topping
- In a small saucepan over a gentle heat, melt the coconut oil, then add the cacao and maple syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Once the base has set, pour the chocolate topping over (ensuring it's evenly distributed) and place in the freezer again for around 15 minutes.
- Enjoy straight from the freezer or leave out to soften for a few minutes first. Be careful not to leave them out too long though, as they may start to melt, especially on hot days!