1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tbsp melted ghee, butter or coconut oil
3 cups vegetable stock (I like Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth)
3 cups filtered water
1 cup dry red lentils, rinsed
1 brown onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3cm piece of ginger, finely grated
3 tsp turmeric
1 fresh birds-eye chilli, deseeded and chopped
Greek yoghurt, to serve
Tarka (Optional Topping)
2 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp black mustard seeds
12-14 curry leaves
1 cinnamon stick
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 lemon (juice and finely-grated rind)
- Preheat oven to 220° Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with paper and place cauliflower florets on tray. Drizzle with ghee and season. Toss to coat and roast for 20 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the stock and water in a saucepan over high heat and add lentils. Bring to boil and discard foam.
- Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli. Season and simmer for 30 mins until lentils soft. Remove from heat and add cauliflower.
- Add half of the tarka (if using) and blitz with a stick blender, or blend in batches.
- Serve topped with remaining tarka (if using) and Greek yoghurt).
To make the optional tarka topping: Cook cumin, mustard seeds and cinnamon in ghee for 1 minute and then add curry leaves. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.
This recipe can also be served with our delicious Paleo Bread; the recipe for which is listed below.
Adapted from www.taste.com.au.
Paleo Bread Ingredients
300g almond meal
15g desiccated coconut
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
50g coconut or olive oil
35g honey or rice malt syrup
15g apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blender or Thermomix, blend almond meal and coconut until finely ground. Add linseeds, salt and bicarb and blitz quickly.
- Add remainder of ingredients and blend until combined. Pour into pan and bake for 45 mins until golden.
- Serve warm with soup!
Adapted from www.wholefoodiekitchen.com.